Sunday, June 29, 2008

An Unexpected Diet

Since last Thursday, I have lost about 8 pounds. I do not agree with binge and crash diets, and this is no exception. Unfortunately, I have not been able to eat much more than an apple, banana, or piece of lettuce since Friday. My stomach pains have been so intense I can not imagine having to continue with this for a long time. It seems that no matter what I do I am in pain.

According to the doctor I should receive a call Monday or Tuesday to have a CT scan. I have never been a proponent for surgery to take needed body parts out, but with the amount of pain I have been in I am certainly starting to consider it. The way I look at it is that I will need to change my diet no matter what happens. It shouldn't be too much of a change from what I am doing now. I very seldom eat red meat or dairy. So that should not be too hard. But I definitely need to be more strict about everything else.

The way I am going right now, I do not think I will be at work for a few days. It seems the more active I am the more pain I have. So I will be in bed, or on the couch, or just doing nothing for a few days until I can get this under control.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hey, just look at it as A) getting skinnier by the moment and B) forcing you to make a choice that we needed to make anyway. I love you you are a trooper and we will get through it together.