Monday, June 23, 2008

My best Selling Business Book

I finally have it - the perfect business book to write. That's right I have the idea that will revolutionize business and families. Today when I was helping set up a chairs and tables for the Dexter family funeral luncheon, it hit me how amazing a structure the Relief Society is. Yup, that's right - a book about how business will run leaner, better, more efficiently, if it is patterned after Relief Society functions. Sure people (mainly husbands) poke fun at the table doilies and pictures, but honestly have you ever seen an organization run so smoothly. It seems in the face of utter chaos these daughters of Heavenly Father were able to create and maintain a setting that invited the spirit and calmed the mind. I give my thanks to the wonderful Relief Society. If only more people could see how business and more importantly, life could be run.

As I have reflected on this wonderful service the women of our ward were giving, the image of Christ washing the apostles feet has filled my mind. I am sure that some of the women serving the Dexter family were secretly wishing that as close friends to Linda that they would be invited to eat and share with the family. And yet I am sure that if Christ was physically there that he too would have been serving the family. There is no greater gift of love than to serve. Christ is the supreme example of a life of service, and the Relief Society organization epitomizes that attribute. May we all pay closer attention to those that serve us in our lives. Perhaps it is the person who let's us change lanes, or the simple hello and smile from a stranger in the grocery store. Whatever the case may be the hand of the Lord can be seen - if we carefully look for it.

As far as my "best selling book" it has already been written. The author of which is who gives us all. I love my Saviour and am thankful for his presence in my life.

No comments: