Thursday, July 24, 2008

Post of Many Topics

Well, my un-retirement party went well. Thankfully, I have a holiday in the middle of the week because I am in need of a break. My mind is clear and I feel that I have been adding value to my job. But my body is tired and in need of a rest. I am home today and back in the office tomorrow, then it is off for the weekend. Seems like the perfect way to get back in the swing of things. And hey, because of my un-retirement there will be fireworks! (ok maybe it is because of the 24 of July, but I will pretend it is a celebration of my success.)

Changing to another topic - what is the deal with school fees? I mean really, the amount we have to pay for our kids to go to school is amazing. Andrew has a $50 participation fee. Really, you have to pay to participate. I thought school was all about participation and now you have to pay for it. Then he will be graded on his participation on top of that. Kind of reminds me of double taxation. But I shouldn't complain - it is still summer time and we have another month of playing with the kids before the school year starts. Not that summer time has anything to do with school fees, but I guess it just gives me more time to not think about school.

Today is also a monumental day in the land of blogging. Yup, that's right, a historical moment in time. My mom has entered the blogging hemisphere. She is nervous, scared, young, and yet taking a wonderful step into the future. My hope is that she can share with her children and grandchildren her thoughts and experiences. Good luck Mom!

No comments: