Monday, July 14, 2008

Day before surgery

So what is it that you should be doing the day before a surgery? Well, I have tried working. Not a bad option, but it is tough to concentrate. I could surf the web. But invariably I come across pages such as "gall bladder surgery" and the after care instructions. I could watch a movie...but I am still at work. So, I guess all I can do is think about the positives.

The thought occurred to me that I could go home, but according to Becky's post, it might be better to finish out the work day. I am so close to being done for the day I think I can make it. The day has been interesting though. I noticed that I am more irritable than normal and more of a space cadet too.

But in all seriousness, I have really contemplated my blessings lately. It is a great activity when you feel a little down and over burdened. I can honestly say that we have more blessings than trials. Sure, life has been a little difficult lately, but the blessings have been phenomenal. But by tomorrow this time I may be saying something different. And if that is the case, someone please gently remind me.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love you sweetie pie. Tomorrow will go great and I will help you remember our blessings. :o)