Friday, March 14, 2008

Road Show!!!

Ok, so maybe it was not a road show, but it was a stake play. Tonight, we took the family to John and Dione's Stake Play - "The Music Man". It was so much fun. It was probably one of the best stake plays I have ever seen. In fact, it was the full play, not just a cut down version. Funny thing is, Becky and I missed our own Stake Play (and we were invited to be in it) to come to the play tonight. I feel a little guilty, but I sure wish that our stake would do some production that wasn't so spiritually based. Not that a spiritual play is bad, but the last three plays for our stake have all been spiritual. What ever happened to the good old days when a play just had to be clean and fun?

But what is up with todays teenagers? As we were sitting there trying to enjoy the play, there were 8 teenagers that sat and chatted. And it was not just a quiet whisper. No, it was full blown conversation. Even the people in front of us were looking back at them. So Rachael decided to take the matter into her own hands (I love this about her). She turned back and asked them to be quiet. It worked for a few minutes. It finally got bad enough that both Rachael and I turned back and stated a little more emphatically to "shut up" because we were trying to enjoy the show. I even went so far as to un-invite them - Okay, I flat out told them to leave and that we did not want them here if they were going to talk. That did it. They were quiet the rest of the first act. During intermission they went out to the hall, and thankfully, never came back for the second act. Sure I have some guilt about how forcefully Rachael and I (okay mostly me) handled it. But I just couldn't handle them talking one more instant.

No comments: