Sunday, March 23, 2008

Bread of Life

Today is Easter Sunday and we are getting ready to go to church. What a blessing it is to be able to go and celebrate Christ; his life, his ministry, his resurrection. This is such a special day - a day to rejoice in Christ!

During sacrament we will be singing an amazing arrangement of How Great the Wisdom and the Love. As we were practicing the song, our choir directory Katie Delahunty encouraged us to really focus on the words. Wow, what a difference. I instantly felt the Spirit fill my soul and I had to hold back the tears. I am not sure how I will be able to when we sing it for the congregation today.
How great the wisdom and the love that filled the courts on high and sent the Savior from above. To suffer, bleed and die! His precious bleed he freely spilt; his life he freely gave. A sinless sacrifice for guilt, a dying world to save. By strict obedience Jesus won the prize with glory rife: "Thy will, O god, not mine be done," adorned his mortal life. He marked the path and led the way, and every point defines to light and life and endless day where God's full presence shines. In mem'ry of the broken flesh we eat the broken bread, and witness with the cup, afresh, our faith in Christ, our Head. How great, how glorious, how complete, redemption's grand design, where justice, love, and mercy meet in harmony divine!

I love this song and the message it gives. Christ has given all to us; then why can we not give just a little more to him. I love this gospel that has testifies of the life of Christ. The joy He has brought in my life. It is my testimony that Christ lives. That he overcame death! Because he has, we will be able to return to our Heavenly Father! Oh if this is so, why can we not be better? Better at serving other, at giving, at helping those in need, and at giving forgiveness. The power of mercy is great! I love my Heavenly Father! I love my life as a follower of Christ. It is my humble Easter prayer that each of us will renew our faith in Him.

No comments: