Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Competitive

I am a very competitive person. So much so that I despise losing. To me it it the ultimate failure. In fact, it is so bad that I even hate losing to my kids. Ok, I know - it is a sickness.

But there is one other place that I hate losing even more - work. Recently I have been feeling like I have been beaten up at work. I guess it because I am feeling so overwhelmed by all that I have to do. Or perhaps a small part of me is not happy with my current job. Regardless of the reasons I feel like I am losing.

Recently my boss came to me and said we needed to come up with a plan to complete the Annual Workload requests. These requests are from the Area Presidency in each area with their request for DVDs in their language. Certainly an honorable request, and one that should be filled. The issue is that these requests have been coming in for the past 7-8 years, and little to no work has been completed on them. My job literally depends on me cleaning up the mess.

So how do I answer to call to a system and project that seems to be broken? Look at it as a competition! All I have to say is "Game on!"

No comments: