Saturday, January 19, 2008

I always thought I was original

Ok, I always thought I was a bit unique. I have lived in the Rocky Mountain region for most of my life and have always worn shorts and flip-flops regardless of the weather. My kids even tease me when I wear my flip-flops in the snow. Of course, they have every right to give me a hard time. A few years back we were living in Northern Utah and had a very typical winter storm. I needed to run outside to get something out of the car, and without thinking about it, went outside in my typical shorts and flip-flops. I made it a good 10 feet before I was practically ice skating. Of course I landed on my backside in the snow. The kids sure loved seeing dad in the snow, cold, wet, and still in flip-flops.

So when I went to create my blog today, I tried the name flipflopsinthesnow.blogspot.com. Guess I am not so unique because someone else already grabbed that name. So, the new name, aptly suggested by my oldest is that I should combine some of my favorites (moose and flip-flops). Well, even the name moose has a history, but I will save that for another day.

No comments: